Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More new books - John Lithgow and Agatha Christie

Even as I get rid of books, I can't help but buy more.  But all my purchases recently have been for my Kindle.  Here are the latest ones.

First up is Drama: An Actor's Education by John Lithgow.  I've been meaning to read this for a while.  I'm a huge fan of Lithgow, mostly through his film and television work (though I did get to see him in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway), and have heard wonderful things about this book.



Next up is a bunch of Agatha Christie novels (Cards on the Table, Death on the Nile, The Man in the Brown Suit, The Body in the Library, and 4:50 From Paddington).  It's surprising that as much as I love mysteries, I've never actually read any of Agatha Christie's works.  I've seen movies and TV versions (I love the Poirot mysteries with David Suchet.  He was an excellent Poirot.  Peter Ustinov… not so much.).  Anyway, I look forward to reading these.











One more Agatha Christie-related note.  My friend Rob Hartmann (along with Liv Cummins) wrote a wonderful musical called Vanishing Point that dealt with the disappearances of Agatha Christie, evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson, and pilot Amelia Earhart.  You can hear some of the songs here.

Speaking of purchasing things for my Kindle, I ordered a new Paperwhite Kindle recently.  I'm going to give my old one to my mom because I'm a good son.  The new one should be here this week, and I've already loaded it with a bunch of new books (the ones above, for instance) and all my magazine subscriptions.

Can't wait to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment